Monday, May 27, 2013

"I LOVE ALPHA KAPPA RHO"
by: Khoedy

"I LOVE ALPHA KAPPA RHO!" this are the words that I hated to hear and shout before, but now are the words that I love to hear and shout more and more. I am Khoedy, a member of Alpha Kappa Rho "Sigma Kappa Chapter" Surigao City since 2006. I joined the fraternity when I was in College in Saint Paul University Surigao. You may wonder why I hate to hear and shout the words "I love Alpha Kappa Rho". Knowing the fact that I am a member of the brotherhood. That was before, when people had bad ideas about fraternity or brotherhood. Most of them said that "THERE IS NO BENIFIT AND IT WILL JUST HURT YOU FOR NOTHING", ang masakit yung iba ang tingin sa fraternity ay "GULO". I can't blame them for they are entitled to their own opinion. "Labas na ako doon, pero tingin ko naman ay tama din sila sa ibang bagay."



Naisipan ko pumasok sa isang fraternity and my prospect fraternity before was "ALPHA PHE OMEGA". Why? because they were able contribute in our community and in addition I had a roommate who is a member. I was staying in a "TAU GAMMA HOUSE" a boarding house and the owner is a active member of "TAU GAMA PHE" (hehehe sound awkward di ba? pero yun ang nangyari). ALPHA PHE OMEGA sometimes conduct initiation and meeting in the house, and I always hear them. One day during initiation one of the member was a victim of discrimination and during the initiation police caught them. Hahahahaha, natakot lang naman ako kaya hindi ako sumali sa kanilang fraternity. Isang bagay ang hindi mawala sa isip ko and my heart is still longing for the answer. Gusto ko talaga sumali sa fraternity not to gain friends but I was curious to try the initiation and know if its hurt or not. LOL's parang tanga lng ako noon, ewan ko ba basta ganun lang nasa isip ko. Then accidentally one of my classmate in Engineering Department a "ALPHA KAPPA RHO" member Ms. JEREN PONCE and EVELYN TUBERA, told me good and promising things about ALPHA KAPPA RHO, which I never heard any pleasant thing before. I was encourage to join and we are about 4 people (2 ladies and 2 gents) who wanted to join from Engineering Department. Initiation was really a shocks (hahaha) because it really hurt! But, when it was over, I can say that I am blessed and I survived hahaha. Parang ingot lang pero di ko talaga ma-explain, masakit na masarap na parang dagdag pogi points na member ako ng kapatiran. Everybody know the process of hazing in organization like fraternity kaya naging proud na din ako. Oo, masakit pero ito ang experience na kailan man nobody can take away from me, hanggang sa tumanda at magkaanak. I felt blessed na hindi ako isa sa mga taong malakas ang loob manira sa ALPHA KAPPA RHO at napatunayan ko ang kasabihan "the dog bark when he don't know the person". Tama nga, kung sinong ang walang alam siya pang malakas manira. Naalala ko tuloy ang palabas na Caregiver sabi ni Sharon Cuneta "pano mo malalaman ang nasa dilim kung di mo papasukin, at pano mo ma-appreciate ang liwanag kung hindi ka galing sa dilim".


Masaya ako kasi napatunayan ko na mali ang mga tao sa pinagsasabi nila tungkol sa kapatiran na meron ako. During my last servicing, it was in the park facing the office of my father and our GS Brod. Daryl told me to shout 20 times the word "I LOVE ALPHA KAPPA RHO!" while in the front of other people. I was so embarrassed, pero wala ako magawa dahil ang tunay na akrho ay marunong sumunod. I shouted the word and I felt ashamed to those people starring at me, but instead of shrinking, I just smile to those people who think that I am jologs, crazy or tanga.


My story tell one thing, to those people who has positive outlook may say "what a challenge have you done kid and no one can do the same thing like what you did." And for people who has negative outlook maybe say "I am a dumb crop." I accept all those negative feedback from other people. May narinig pa ako na parang tanga lang daw ako, pero ito lang masasabi ko before they can judge me, because of what they see at kahit maliit man ang tingin nila sa kapatiran ng Alpha Kappa Rho. Let me tell you this, "appreciate little things first before you appreciate big things." Kasi ang makamandag na hayop na ginawa ng diyos ay ang maliliit at hindi ang malalaki. Maliit man ang akroh sa mata ng individual, malaki naman ang tingin sa amin ng community. Kaya sa mga nakabasa nito hope you will be inspired to join Alpha Kappa Rho. Browse the site and see the program and community service ng kapatiran ko, dahil ang ALPHA KAPPA RHO marks a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment